Who says berry lips are just for winter? Take a leaf out of Anna Sui’s Spring/Summer 2016 runway which saw Tami Williams and Aya Jones sporting darker hues and pucker up in shades of wine, berry and marsala this season.
Before you rock berry though, here are a few tips to take into account.
- Keep your eye make-up minimal; let your pout do the talking.
2. Make like Anna Sui girls and pair dark lips with graphic liner.
3. Go for glossy cherry for statement lips a la Iman Hammam for Givenchy.
4. Swap your trusted red lippy for dark lips for a modern twist.
5. Make like Rihanna and take your look from day to night with wine-stained lips.
6. Try a deep purple hue for an edgier look – like the models on the Cushnie et Ochs runway.
7. Try the autumnal oxblood shades a la Burberry.
8. For a red-carpet worthy look, vamp it up with maroon.
9. Turn the clock back to the ’90s and take a dip in chocolate – chocolate lippy, that is!
10. For an uber-glam look, why not match your pout to your dress?